Elite Home Health Agency, Inc. (Elite) recognizes your rights as a client and has adopted the following Client Rights. The term “you” as used in this document refers to you personally or to the parent of a minor child or a client’s guardian. As a client of Elite, you have the right to:
1. Participate in the planning of your care, discharge plans, anticipated outcomes and treatment, and any discussions concerning ethical issues arising from your care. You also have the right to be informed, in advance, of the care to be furnished and by whom and any changes in the above. Elite staff will work to preserve your independence for as long as possible. Receive services voluntarily. You may refuse any treatment unless mandated by law or court order. You will be informed of the expected consequences of your refusal.
2. Be informed verbally and in writing the extent to which payment may be expected from you or any other party; the charges for service that will not be covered and the charges that you as an individual may have to pay. You will be advised verbally and in writing of any changes in this information when they occur no later than 10 days from the date Elite becomes aware of the change.
3. Keep all information about you and your situation confidential to the extent permitted by law. You will be asked to provide written permission for any release of information.
4. Receive a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices.
5.Examine your case record at Elite to resolve any questions you may have about your record, plan of treatment, and what may happen if you refuse to take or follow your plan of treatment. Records can be examined as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
6. Receive services without regard to race, gender, color, creed, age, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.
7. Receive culturally competent care. Elite will make every effort to give you information and communicate with you in a language or form that you can understand whenever possible.
8. Access services in the most comfortable environment, whether they be in the office, at your home, or other appropriate locations in the community. We will ensure a healthy and safe working environment and in the event we provide services in your home, we will treat your home and property with respect.
9. Receive the highest quality, ethically based services. Elite has adopted a quality improvement process to review and maintain high quality service for its clients.
10. Lodge complaints or express concerns about any aspect of Elite service provision without reprisal. We will provide you with a copy of the Elite Grievance Policy and related procedures along with the appropriate contact information for your specific program.